Wednesday, 7 March 2012

More Blocking out...

After a few establishing drawings:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've decided to go for the front on approach because I think it makes the cauldron seem much more ominous and gives it a greater presence. I'd like to have a final still illustration but also be able to have a bit of a slow paced camera push up towards the cauldron.  Here's what I've got so far:
 
Photobucket

Photobucket

It's worked out pretty nicely so far. I tried to incorporate a slightly slanted ships mast in the back ground and I'm hoping to add a few more details associated with s shipwreck too. Also, the little yellow orbs are just stand ins for some tiny glowing fish she'll have lighting her lair.  Starting to look good though! :P 

3 comments:

  1. Okay Molly - now you've got this, why not retro-fit it with some of those bespoke textures you'd created - use this for the perspective etc., but trace etc, and go back to your original textures, painterly style etc. However, I do think you should shift the figure head either to the left or right, so we're not looking at her flat on, not my much, but I think it will be more dynamic that way. I want to see some of that ink work back in - perhaps used as the sea weed etc. - so, short version - now you're feeling more confident about the space, re-deploy your original vision - but keep it tight, with an emphasis on those Dulac tones, detail etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me! Thanks Phil! :D

      Delete