Saturday 19 February 2011

Visual Storytelling with Iain McCaig...


I watched this today and this artist is a joy to watch work and listen to.  I may be a little biased because the story he was using was 'The Little Mermaid', not the Disney one but the one by Hans Christian Anderson, which is one of my favourite stories. I have about 3 pages of notes from this whole lecture and I've learnt so much about drawing 'beats' that I can't wait to watch his other DVD's which are more about the concept side of things.

I'll return it this Monday and I highly recommend it to anyone that's interested in improving their knowledge about what works when it comes to storytelling.

3 comments:

  1. Love the 'self-medication' Molly - this is the secret weapon of all those guys out there whose talent impresses/intimidates in equal measure; it's that basic tenacity to keep learning and improving. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you liked Iain McCaig's work at this stage, wait until you get into the nitty gritty concept stuff. Some really luscious images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww excellent! I can't wait! XD

    ReplyDelete