Sunday 21 October 2012

Quick Environment Test...

Below are a couple of comparison images I've put together to see whether the black elements of the environment should be matte black or whether they should have a little of that pen texture on there too:

Photobucket
Pen
Photobucket
Matte
Photobucket
Pen
Photobucket
Matte
Although I quite like the additional texture I think this world is one of solid colours. The pen does make the black areas seem a little more alien, which enhances the contrast between the white and the black, but it, along with the previous boil effect, might be too much. Let me know if you have any thoughts! :)

2 comments:

  1. maybe it's my great age, but I can't really see any difference between these Molly - but I'm still thinking 'matte'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the difference was way too subtle. Matte it is! :D

      Delete