Tuesday 9 October 2012

First Thumbnail Ideas...

After my research I've put together a selection of thumbnails of sequences I might include in the narrative. They're all in pencil and marker pen as I found it the most appealing way to get the first few ideas down:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm enjoying this thoroughly. The research I've got is great and I'm looking forward to creating more of these thumbnails and finally piecing it all together! :D

6 comments:

  1. VERY EXCITING THUMBNAILS MOLLY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Glad to see you're as excited as I am Phil, thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. You know, I think you might be onto something with the actual 'drawn' quality of those black shapes - I like the incomplete, scribbly surfaces - there's a violence and rawness to them that is pinging off the page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was thinking about that too! A kind of boiling on the black surface might be quite a nice addition along side the lovely and calm white parts. It could represent how restless you can feel when that anxiety comes over you. Good stuff I think! :D

      Delete
  3. technical question then - is it possible in After Effects to composite a hand-drawn 'boil' onto animated elements? Time for some experimentation I think - maybe animated textures on Maya surfaces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan to me! I'll get on that tomorrow :D

      Delete