Tuesday 14 June 2011

Story Ideas...


The first thing that springs to mind is the idea of journeying through a lovely, lush, healthy forest/pasture where everything's lovely and gorgeous but as the music changes a conflict arises. An evil force appears and starts to destroy everything around it, leading to a big conflict between the 'goodies' and 'baddies' which will have some kind of dramatic climax that I haven't decided on yet.

I'd say the firebird suite from Fantasia 2000 is a big influence for this idea:


I'm not sure if the story is too much like the firebird suite and obviously there's a lot of details I need to put into like. For example, what kind of place are they all living in, why are they fighting, who will be the focus etc. As I've done a lot of character design work, and I'd like to do more, it should focus on them, but it is deciding everything that should happen in-between that's the tricky part.

Whatever idea I go with, I would love to end up with a gorgeous animatic similar to the style I previously posted for Guild Wars 2, directed by Horia Dociu:


It's a really nice example of an animatic that feels like an animation and if I get further than that then great! My idea may change later but I still think that achieving something like that would be really great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment