Monday 13 June 2011

For Future Reference: Allison Theus...

Most people know her for her awesome but minimalistic animations for Extra Credits but, not so secretly, she is also a very talented 2D artist. She featured in this months Imagine FX and I fell in love with her marker pen and ink drawings.


It's the detail that really captured my attention. Drawing the smallest muscles and knowing the skeleton and muscular structure of your fictional creature is just amazing to me, I'd just love to be able to have that in my work one day. Gorgeous!

She has many ways of finding here: Her website, blog, deviant art and tumblr.

2 comments:

  1. "Drawing the smallest muscles and knowing the skeleton and muscular structure of your fictional creature is just amazing to me, I'd just love to be able to have that in my work one day. "

    Well, you know what you have to do then - get your hands on some 'animal anatomy' resources and start developing some x-ray vision... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sounds good to me! I'll be in the second-hand book shop tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete