After my last few sketches I thought I should do a bit more tweaking on my minion, and so took the last drawing and worked from that:
After these rough sketches to establish how it might hold itself I thought I should have a go with it in Photoshop and see where it went:
I quite liked what I ended up with here so I thought I'd just try out a bit of colour:
The colours not great but it was just something to try out quick anyway. I really like this as a basis for my minion, it's spindly and creepy and horribly faceless. I originally wanted it to have some kind of hood but I wasn't sure how to do that without it just looking like I'd stuck one on (although with Ursula's tree-dress it might not be that silly...). The only way I thought that could be a natural way to cover its face would be hair, so I opted to go for thin, whispy long hairs that look, I think, pretty darn unsettling.
It's of course got a lot of work that needs doing. I need to go over the anatomy and work out how it would sit, run and generally hold itself. I need to work on whether it's hairy or slick, whether it should have some kind of clothing or just hair/fur. It's a good place to start though, and I think it will be a good partner to the other rodent minion I made earlier :D