Tuesday 24 April 2012

Work Exp. Day 2: Particle Experiment...

As one of the things I want to learn more about is particle dynamics in Maya and After Effects, I decided I'm going to go through all the previous particle tutorials and note down any useful expressions and techniques that I could use later.

Below is my own tweaking of the Pixie Dust tutorial:



I emitted the particles from a plane I shaped very roughly like a piece of cloth, it wasn't until I got it into After Effects that I realised it looks much better with just the particles.  After this realisation I decided that next I'll use a smaller object to sweep across the screen so that the particles' tail fans out nicely.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do next, so far particles are very exciting! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment