Saturday 30 March 2013

The Land of Nod!

Here's my first illustration of The Land of Nod:


Here, B.E.D HQ (Bringing Equilibrium to Dreams Head Quarters) can be seen on top of a lovely bright hill, with the North Star directly above them, so they can always find their way home. The star also provides an extra defence against the Nightmares that live in the decrepit tree, deep under the B.E.D HQ.

Below are some of my rougher workings:






Final Image
I first wanted a pillow fort for the team because it's something children can make at home, but I couldn't portray it in a clean enough way. I then tried a rather cute lighthouse idea, but it didn't feel quite right either. So I ended up going super simple and it turned out pretty darn cute! It's also a really nice contrast to the villains spiky, rotten home.

This is going to help me no end when it comes to designing the cards and packaging. Excellent stuff! Onwards and upwards! :D

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS ENVIRONMENT! It feels like an episode of Adventuretime, and that can't be a bad thing - surely! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Great colour palette too)

      Delete
    2. AYYYY !It looking like Adventure Time is NEVER a bad thing!! Thank you Jon!! :D

      Delete