Thursday 30 September 2010

Life Drawing Part 2...

I really enjoyed this session. We had the same lovely model and the different ways in which we were told to draw her were really interesting:

Even though the image isn't that great quality you can just about see that we had to emphasise  the light and the shadow for this drawing.  I'm quite happy with my really dark areas, I think they give a really nice shape to her torso but my proportions are still not quite right...


For these images we had to focus on certain parts of the models body.  I'm pretty proud of a couple of them, they're quite realistic but I was told that I spend too much time looking at the drawing and not at the model, and after I took that into account my drawing really improved...

This was the last of the drawings and it was also the one I most enjoyed.  We had to draw the figure using only three and four sided shapes and I found it quite freeing, probably because it didn't have to look particularly realistic.

Another really good session, I look forward to the next one :D

No comments:

Post a Comment