Tuesday 8 April 2014

The White Hare Revealed!..


"The most famous belief about white hares in Cornwall is that they are the spirits of girls who had been deserted by their lovers; as a result of which the girls died broken-hearted due to grief. Thus, with their spirit being unable to rest, they chose the form of a white hare in which to return and haunt their deserters. In this guise they are invisible to all except the one who jilted them, and they will haunt him until he finally dies."

She started out as one of these, I then added Super Sculpey, faux fur and painted glass cabochons. The eyes were a real labour of love, they feel like you're painting backwards!

I'll upload more pictures after the weekend when I know it's okay, but if you want to see the rest of the artists taking part (and you should :P) you can see them all here.

So excited for Saturday it's ridiculous! :D

4 comments:

  1. ta da! I didn't know that hares superstition - how sad and creepy! Poor little mite, I feel rather sorry for your character now! Have fun on Saturday - take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! It's a Cornish myth that I found online, I love it! A bit sad and a bit creepy, my favorite combination for fairytales and mythology. And don't worry, I'll be flooding this blog with all my photos, I just can't wait to get to meet everyone :P

      Delete
  2. Creepy sculpt-tastic molly - nice job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thank you Alan!! :D

      The sanding was a bit mad on this one too, spent about 3 days just doing that :P

      Delete